Come join us and kick of the 2016 – 2017 scouting year!
Girls and Adults are invited to have lunch, tour Camp Lockslea, hear Office Colleen Saundby with the Mpls PD give Walking Safety Tips, and find out about upcoming Mpls Lakes Service Unit Events (Free) Click here to register
Adults are invited to update/get their Red Cross First Aid, CPR, AED certification ($33: $27 to Red Cross + $5 Supply Fee to Instructor) Click here to register
Girls 11-15 are invited to take a Babysitting Class ($55). Click here to register. This is a 4 hour course taught by Missy Tousignant, RN, Public Health Nurse, Licensed School Nurse and Certified CPR instructor that covers:
- Business tips, writing resumes, getting yourself started.
- Good decision making & problem solving tips.
- Appropriate care for children from birth to school age.
- Feeding, diapering, safe & age appropriate toys.
- Safety hazards & guidelines.
- First aid-how to recognize life threatening emergencies.
- When to call 911.
- Epi-pen administration.
- All participants receive a babysitting certificate, babysitting book guide, several
informative handouts, along with a first aid kit.
Girls 8+ are invited to take a Home Alone Class ($25). Click here to register.
Is your girl ready to stay home alone but you aren’t? Feel more comfortable after a Home Alone course.
Girls 8+ are invited to take a Home Alone Class ($25) on September 17th. This is a 2 hour course runs from 2:30 – 4:30 and is taught by Missy Tousignant, RN, Public Health Nurse, Licensed School Nurse and Certified CPR instructor.
Whether it is a few minutes to a couple of hours or all day…Come learn information that will make you comfortable & safe when you are home alone. Learn about…contact lists, first-aid and emergencies, household safety, healthy snacks, boredom busters and much more!
Juniors – this can help you with Step 5 of your Independence badge!
Schedule of Events
9:00 – 9:30 Check In for Babysitting (Girls 11-15) and Red Cross First Aid, CPR, AED (Adults)
9:30 – 11:30 Red Cross First Aid, CPR, AED (Adults)
9:30 – 2:15 Babysitting (Girls 11+) with break for lunch
12:00 – 2:00 (Adults and Girls / Free)
- (12:00) Officer Colleen Saundby with the Minneapolis Police Department shares tips for girls to walk to/from school safely
- (12 – 2) 2016 – 2017 Mpls Lakes Service Unit Event Showcase. Come meet the volunteers leading these events, ask all your questions and sign up.
- (12 – 2) Tour Camp Lockeslea, a Girl Scout camp located off of East River Rd in Fridley. Girl Scouts will only have the use of this camp for a couple more years, so take this opportunity to see it (and maybe book it for one of your Troop Events).
- (12 – 2) Creation Station
2:30 – 4:30 Safe at Home (Girls 8+)