Easy, FREE and patches too!! Plus a clean park! What could be better??
Some troops do this event as a family or daughter/parent activity and others participate just with the girls. It’s up to you.
Please register your troop by April 1st by emailing Nora Whiteman at email@example.com with the following:
*troop contact (name, cell, email)
*number of girls participating plus let me know if families are involved
- 9:30-10:00 starting time (younger troops usually do about 1–1/2 hours )
Same location as last year – West Calhoun Parkway and 32nd St.
- This year we will email your designated area prior to the event in case you want to just start there. (Request you pick up patches between 9:30 and 10 though)
- Wear GS uniform (optional but wonderful!)
- Bring gloves if you can
- Bring a water bottle
- Mpls Park board is supplying bags for trash and recycling. Ask girls to bring gloves if possible, Mpls Park is supplying some.
- Troop leaders are responsible for having signed GS permission slips and health forms with them. Also for the right adult/girl ratio as per Safety Wise.
- If weather is really horrible (snow, lightning or tornado!) then we ask that each troop select their own time and own area to clean up. We will get the patches to you.
- Dress for the weather– light snow or rain won’t stop us 🙂
Thank YOU for being a GS leader!